Thursday, September 15, 2011

Summer: Rideable hexapod, check

teaser pic
Ah, where've I been all summer?

Having lots of fun, actually, but I've been hiding in my codefail cave and then I went and lost my camera.

Poof, hundreds of meticulous documentation pictures. Serves me right for not documenting as I go along / backing up my pictures.

Above is a pic of hexapod before I added the foot controls. Which are now being demoted in favor of joystick controls. But I did finish it in time for dorm rush / hall rush and gave lots of froshlings rides! And discovered some serious issues :)

Hexarideablepod is based off of a very detailed instructables called Hexabot. I'm slightly embarrassed by this fact, for whatever reason, and even though hexarideablepod only deserves my love (it already has my blood, sweat, and tears...)

Yea, that's a racecar seat that my fellow MITERSians helped me recycle from an old unfinished vehicle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment